For over 9 years the Polaris World Forum has been the main source of information and discussion for Polaris World Owners
Polaris World Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Advertise | NEW Vouchers | Directory
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Golf Courses in Murcia
 La Serena
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gxm34328
On The Green

United Kingdom
396 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2011 :  13:00:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I last played La Serena in late May, just after the course had been hollow-cored. The greens were covered in sand, so not a joyous day.

I had a quick look around a few eeks ago & it was still very scruffy.

Is this place sinking without a trace ?

Can it recover ?

gxm34328
On The Green

United Kingdom
396 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2012 :  15:18:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gxm34328

I last played La Serena in late May, just after the course had been hollow-cored. The greens were covered in sand, so not a joyous day.

I had a quick look around a few weeks ago & it was still very scruffy.

Is this place sinking without a trace ?

Can it recover ?

Gerry

Terrazas is the place to be.
Go to Top of Page

chrisinspain
On The Green

Spain
262 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2012 :  21:24:19  Show Profile  Visit chrisinspain's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They had a big problem earlier in the year when a green keeper used weedkiller on some of the greens instead of plant food and fertilizer, however as far as I know it is recovering well. I live in the village behind Serena so do know it quite well. The restaurant and club house seem to be thriving and since it really is the only golf course on the Mar Menor and has lots of money backing it, I don't think they will ever be allowed to let it "sink without trace" Plus of course it is destined to become the Los Alcazares municiple course so the council also have a vested interest in making it a success.
Mind you the gym and swimming pool prices have gone up substantially so with any Spanish owned business this is a worry, The attitude of "we are not as busy as we were so we need to charge more" is still one that I don't understand

Air Conditioning and Technical Services,
Energy Assessor
chris@homecomforts.info
http://www.homecomforts.info/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Polaris World Forum © 2004 - 2015 Polaris World Forum Go To Top Of Page