For over 9 years the Polaris World Forum has been the main source of information and discussion for Polaris World Owners
Polaris World Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Advertise | NEW Vouchers | Directory
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Usefull Information For Moving To Spain
 Moving To Spain
 Help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aljosam
Approaching The Pin

28 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  16:57:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

I notice the 'moving to Spain' folder has become defunct! I'm due to complete later this month and was wondering if anyone had any interest in starting this topic going again?

Not only would it be beneficial for new owners like me, but would also help potential buyers!

I'll start of..........which bank account should I open? I was thinking Santander as they are 'safe' and hopefully charges are reasonable?

Thanks
Aljosam

deeuuess
Playing Off Scratch

Spain
1838 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  20:35:46  Show Profile  Visit deeuuess's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aljosam

Hi all,

I notice the 'moving to Spain' folder has become defunct! I'm due to complete later this month and was wondering if anyone had any interest in starting this topic going again?

Not only would it be beneficial for new owners like me, but would also help potential buyers!

I'll start of..........which bank account should I open? I was thinking Santander as they are 'safe' and hopefully charges are reasonable?

Thanks
Aljosam

Also consder Lloyds International. English-speaking and one of the best online technical-savy banks in Spain. (http://www.lloydsbankinternational.es/en/retail-banking/index.html)
Go to Top of Page

aljosam
Approaching The Pin

28 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2012 :  12:21:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks deeuuess, just going through the application now with lloyds. They were very helpful and the service seems very good with very few charges!!

Right next question - I need to arrange buildings/contents insurance? and I've read some horror stories about some of the utility co's - any idea which one's are good for new customers?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

deeuuess
Playing Off Scratch

Spain
1838 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2012 :  14:28:57  Show Profile  Visit deeuuess's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aljosam

Thanks deeuuess, just going through the application now with lloyds. They were very helpful and the service seems very good with very few charges!!

Right next question - I need to arrange buildings/contents insurance? and I've read some horror stories about some of the utility co's - any idea which one's are good for new customers?

Thanks

We have all our Insurances with these people. English-speaking and easier to deal with as a one-stop-shop:

http://www.abbeygateinsure.com/
Go to Top of Page

ruthmcooke
Approaching The Pin

18 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2012 :  16:28:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had a Lloyds International bank account but ended up having to open a Spanish bank account as well as the Spanish utilities companies wouldn't accept the Lloyds account for direct debits.
On the insurance, we use Abbeygate for car insurance and Intasure for property
Go to Top of Page

deeuuess
Playing Off Scratch

Spain
1838 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2012 :  21:32:26  Show Profile  Visit deeuuess's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ruthmcooke

We had a Lloyds International bank account but ended up having to open a Spanish bank account as well as the Spanish utilities companies wouldn't accept the Lloyds account for direct debits.
On the insurance, we use Abbeygate for car insurance and Intasure for property

We have DD's set up for all utilities etc with Lloyds - no problems whatsoever over the last 4 years +
Go to Top of Page

lindao
Teeing Off

United Kingdom
89 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2012 :  21:08:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We too have all our utilities paid by Direct Debit with Lloyds International. Always been very helpful.

lindaloo
Go to Top of Page

Burdy
On The Green

United Kingdom
487 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2012 :  23:26:45  Show Profile  Visit Burdy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We opened a seperate account for our utilities and have them paid from a seperate account from where our mortgage comes from.

If you ever have a problem with managing to pay your mortgage, at least your utilities won't be cut off.

BURDY

BURDY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL_hcJvypQQ
Go to Top of Page

emkay
Approaching The Pin

United Kingdom
21 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2012 :  23:34:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have an account with Santander for two years now without any problems check them out

mgkelly
Go to Top of Page

aljosam
Approaching The Pin

28 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2012 :  11:36:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok thanks all,

I'm already going through the process with Lloyds. I'm sure my solicitor will let me know if there are problems setting up the DD's.

Go to Top of Page

evie
On The Green

United Kingdom
185 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2012 :  12:19:16  Show Profile  Visit evie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I use Intasure for property insurance. My Spanish bank account is CAM because that's what my solicitor set up for me (there was some urgency). I've had no problems with direct debits for electricity/water, paying community charges and online banking (although had to go in person to get online pin mumber) but need to keep an eye on charges as don't know yet what they're going to be.

1630C La Isla
http://www.homeaway.co.uk/p1092157
Go to Top of Page

deeuuess
Playing Off Scratch

Spain
1838 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2013 :  16:05:44  Show Profile  Visit deeuuess's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This thread seems to have 'gone to sleep again'.

It could be quite useful as the Topic is a broad church.

Talking of which - does anyone know of a Church in Murcia where the Book of Common Prayer is used, or is there more chance of riding Shergar on the moon?

I know there are plenty of Common Worship gatherings - but not our scene.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Polaris World Forum © 2004 - 2015 Polaris World Forum Go To Top Of Page