For over 9 years the Polaris World Forum has been the main source of information and discussion for Polaris World Owners
Polaris World Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Advertise | NEW Vouchers | Directory
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Whats Happening in spain
 Maybe not such a bargain afterall.!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

deeuuess
Playing Off Scratch

Spain
1838 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2015 :  13:41:06  Show Profile  Visit deeuuess's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's looks like the Spainish Authorities are coming back for even more money off us rich foreigners..!!!

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-2899519/Why-cut-price-Spanish-villa-nasty-tax-surprise.html#ixzz3O8gM0oQp

pricemi
Forum Admin

Spain
3967 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2015 :  17:29:36  Show Profile  Visit pricemi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Didn't they do something similar to this a few years back David?

Mike
Go to Top of Page

deeuuess
Playing Off Scratch

Spain
1838 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2015 :  16:08:58  Show Profile  Visit deeuuess's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pricemi

Didn't they do something similar to this a few years back David?

Yes they did Mike, but it seems they are coming back for a second bite. I was a victim of 'two bites' when I imported a car..!!

1) Went to Hacienda to establish the import tax - paid - got a receipt. 2,750E paid.

2) EIGHTEEN months later, Hacienda contacted me again and said that I hadn't paid enough. Showed receipts - issued by Hacienda. Shrugged shoulders. Saw lawyer who said it would be cheaper to pay than appeal, as Hacienda has the right to increase the tax due, if appealed - so another 1,500E went into their vaults.

Apparently Hacienda can go back upto FOUR YEARS for a 'review' of the import tax paid on imported cars.!
Go to Top of Page

TubChairs Logo Tub Chairs 4 You, the No 1 furniture Tub Chair shop in the UK with over 600 sofas available from over 75 suppliers

chrisinspain
On The Green

Spain
262 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2015 :  22:26:43  Show Profile  Visit chrisinspain's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have had a similar experience David,,and it is not pleasant
!

Air Conditioning and Technical Services,
Energy Assessor
chris@homecomforts.info
http://www.homecomforts.info/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Polaris World Forum © 2004 - 2015 Polaris World Forum Go To Top Of Page