For over 9 years the Polaris World Forum has been the main source of information and discussion for Polaris World Owners
Polaris World Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Advertise | NEW Vouchers | Directory
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Whats Happening in spain
 UK citizens resident in Murcia (post referendum)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

auntiebb
On The Green

United Kingdom
522 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2016 :  17:11:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phasenine

At least we have a idea of what time scale we are looking at, I very much doubt if the PM
would say Brexit Means Brexit unless she meant it.
No U turns so be interesting to see where that guy collecting cash off the public goes from here! Just got get best deal we can because for sure the Tories or any other party and no stage had a plan B !
Looks like many will be saying Adios to their time in the sun and hello to cold cloudy damp UK.

I don't think the government had a plan A let alone a plan B! They have a long way to go to make brexit happen.

As for ex-pats heading home - I don't see that happening. Now that the dust has settled, the general opinion is that a treaty to protect those of us who are already resident in Spain and allow us to stay is the most likely route. There is also the option of full citizenship if you have been resident for more than 5 years.

The main goal for ex-pats should be to protect as many of their current rights as possible by petitioning the government and supporting any action group working for those goals.

It is the future generations that I feel so sorry for. They will not have the opportunities or freedom that my generation grew up with. There is a saying 'you don't have to save the world. Just don't screw it up for the next generation.' Too late now I guess.
Go to Top of Page

petesa
On The Green

Spain
541 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2016 :  12:56:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whether long term, Brexit turns out to have been a visionary triumph for democracy, or one of the worst economic decisions in history, we wont know for a decade. What we do know is that the cost of implementing the will of the people ( or should I say 52 out of every 100 that voted )is going to be huge. The real issue is the cost of implementing Brexit.... which appears to be mounting every day.
Go to Top of Page

phasenine
On The Green

United Kingdom
221 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2016 :  17:38:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So right, will be a decade finding out if it is a touch or suicide or genius.
Mr Piggy Cameron so confident of getting a huge leave vote gave himself the worlds biggest headache and just walked away.
Lots will happen in the next 3 years that will cause a lot of pain for those that have not planned for their future, plenty of reduced Government pensions for the current and next generation of pensioners and a flat 70% tax on inheritance tax could well be needed for the future to pay for Brexit.
Go to Top of Page

auntiebb
On The Green

United Kingdom
522 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2016 :  12:45:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Expats are to be given a vote for life following a campaign ....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/oct/07/expats-given-vote-for-life-uk-elections-government-says?
Go to Top of Page

auntiebb
On The Green

United Kingdom
522 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2016 :  16:40:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
British expats sue Juncker in EU courts

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37586587
Go to Top of Page

auntiebb
On The Green

United Kingdom
522 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2016 :  09:25:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The People's Challenge, who were one of the groups who successfully fought the legal challenge to the UK government's right to activate article 50 without the permission of Parliament are now crowdfunding the funds for the appeal which will be held in the Supreme Court next month. If you would like to support them this is the link to their crowdfund page.

https://www.crowdjustice.org/case/peoples-challenge/
Go to Top of Page

auntiebb
On The Green

United Kingdom
522 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2016 :  18:02:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by auntiebb

The People's Challenge, who were one of the groups who successfully fought the legal challenge to the UK government's right to activate article 50 without the permission of Parliament are now crowdfunding the funds for the appeal which will be held in the Supreme Court next month. If you would like to support them this is the link to their crowdfund page.

https://www.crowdjustice.org/case/peoples-challenge/

The Peoples Challenge raised over ?100,000 in just over 24 hours. Their target is ?150,000. Please see link above if you would like to help.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Polaris World Forum © 2004 - 2015 Polaris World Forum Go To Top Of Page