For over 9 years the Polaris World Forum has been the main source of information and discussion for Polaris World Owners
Polaris World Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Advertise | NEW Vouchers | Directory
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Any other business
 Doyouspain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mitzi baer
Playing Off Scratch

Netherlands
2572 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2016 :  11:54:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I looked at the Doyouspain site, it now only shows 3 car suppliers. I wonder what happerned! I have booked with Centauro via their own website, this was cheapest, but good to keep logging in to see if the prices have gone down.
Goldcar charges extra fees for "after hours" starting at 11 pm. And a high price per day for an extra driver.
Mitzi

mitzi baer
Playing Off Scratch

Netherlands
2572 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2016 :  20:31:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just checked again, the DYS site is back to normal. Still keeping Centauro, it is cheaper.
Thanks for your mail, Dave!
Mitzi
Go to Top of Page

davarn
Playing Off Scratch

United Kingdom
1727 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2016 :  23:40:02  Show Profile  Send davarn an ICQ Message  Click to see davarn's MSN Messenger address  Send davarn a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
No problem. However, Centauro did not appear!
Firefly were ok last April through DYS. Ordered a Focus and got a Zafira (Niiice car ;-)
Very cheap too, but they sting you for the squirt like all the others and try to sell that way OTT excess cover.

I have annual cover and I know it works because Solmar scammed me (225 euros) damage I failed to spot on my collection inspection last October. A small paint chip inside the back of van door on a Berlingo. The rep' went almost straight to it. Head down, no eye contact, doing what she's told or get the sack eh! Hey ho! Insurance paid me in less than 3 weeks.

It's a lottery really!

Dave, 2nd floor ap't with best view on La Torre

Edited by - davarn on 31/08/2016 23:42:14
Go to Top of Page

mitzi baer
Playing Off Scratch

Netherlands
2572 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2016 :  12:04:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Dave. Centauro is no longer on DYS's list. If you do indeed recommend Firefly, I might end up switching at the last minute! They are a bit cheaper just now....I also have an annual cover. So far so good!
Mitzi
Go to Top of Page

deeuuess
Playing Off Scratch

Spain
1841 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2016 :  10:24:28  Show Profile  Visit deeuuess's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have you tried either of these two? They appear to have a good reputation, with no rip-off clauses or 'extras'.

http://flamencacars.com/

http://www.marmenorcarhire.com/
Go to Top of Page

davarn
Playing Off Scratch

United Kingdom
1727 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2016 :  16:36:11  Show Profile  Send davarn an ICQ Message  Click to see davarn's MSN Messenger address  Send davarn a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Mitzi

I wouldn't recommend any of them on DYS. However, I used FF in April for over 3 weeks without any issues, but I needed to go back to the desk on pickup to have an unlisted scratch added to the paperwork.

The hire was ridiculously cheap at 72 euros (+ fuel at 108 euros!!)

Dave, 2nd floor ap't with best view on La Torre
Go to Top of Page

goamike
Playing Off Scratch

United Kingdom
1612 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2016 :  06:44:57  Show Profile  Send goamike an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just used centauro and everything was ok. One thing is thats ours was one of the first flights out of Murcia airport and staff to inspect the car did not turn up to around 09.15, some peole with cases to check in were sweating a bit.
Go to Top of Page

garyp16
On The Green

United Kingdom
438 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2016 :  13:58:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We just rerurned and used Centauro via Zest, formally Economy Car Hire.
Never had issues before with Centauro but this time agent said was damage on car when it was obviously an old scratch, it was not listed on sheet.
Phoned Zest up on return to UK, they coveed issue and said would not be charged. They also said had stopped using Firefly due to amount of complaints and false damage claims.
Informed Centauro is moving off site from airpot from November so a minibus will do pickups.
Will continue to use Centauro via Zest but be aware to do a full check of damage listed on sheet
Go to Top of Page

TubChairs Logo Tub Chairs 4 You, the No 1 furniture Tub Chair shop in the UK with over 600 sofas available from over 75 suppliers

goamike
Playing Off Scratch

United Kingdom
1612 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2016 :  07:45:46  Show Profile  Send goamike an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I go to the point where we do a good inspection of the car and any scratches regardless of size will call the car hire person over to record the scratches.

Like everybody else we also take photos of anything untowards on the ipad.

I know its a ball ache, but fingers crossed its worked out ok every time so far.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Polaris World Forum © 2004 - 2015 Polaris World Forum Go To Top Of Page