For over 9 years the Polaris World Forum has been the main source of information and discussion for Polaris World Owners
Polaris World Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Advertise | NEW Vouchers | Directory
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Polaris World Property Forum
 Golf Wanted
 Golf Lessons
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

rickc
On The Green

United Kingdom
480 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2006 :  22:46:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is a Pro on the resort yet who is able to give lessons, I'm a complete novice but was wandering if there was anyone around to at least give me some pointers on driving and putting?

Cheers, Rick

cbpc44
Hole In One

United Kingdom
779 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2006 :  07:33:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Rick,

Yes there is a golf pro on site for lessons. When are you going out? I will be out from 24th to 28th, I have some mens clubs if you want to borrow them. Also you can use the driving range for I think 1E for 20 balls.

Collette
Go to Top of Page

davey2187
Playing Off Scratch

1823 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2006 :  07:36:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like Rick dont know one end of a club from another, the driving range is right in front of the bar at La Torre which puts me off, I can hear people sniggering at me before I put the ball down never mind try to hit the damn thing, why are they so small anyway

Live The Dream

Go to Top of Page

Gazza1
Teeing Off

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2006 :  09:13:13  Show Profile  Visit Gazza1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can confirm it is 1e for 20 balls and 7es to high each club. Well worth taking an old set over there.

Gary
Go to Top of Page

tigerlily
On The Green

208 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2006 :  12:12:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe Rick and Davey should not be 'on the green' ...!!
Davey, if the balls were bigger they wouldn't fit in the hole..!
Damn, it's a frustrating game... when I am asked if I play, I can only say I play AT it...
I'm with you guys - I need lessons....!
Go to Top of Page

rickc
On The Green

United Kingdom
480 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2006 :  19:19:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Collette, We are coming out on Sunday which is the 26th, so hopefully we should be there at the same time, I'd love a go with your clubs if you don't mind. Any chance of a lesson?

Be good to meet you.

If anyone is over next week, give me a break, if you want to laugh can you please hide in the bar and giggle into your pint.

What's the score with the practice green, same sort of prices?

Cheers, Rick

Go to Top of Page

cbpc44
Hole In One

United Kingdom
779 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2006 :  22:46:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Rick,

No problem, I will be over with my mother. Who I must say does not play golf. I have no problem, with comming up to the driving range with you, I also have a set of old clubs of my husband's and also I have an old set of mine.

It would be good to meet up with you and your family, sorry I have not replied to your email, but will catch up with you on La Torre. We are in the corner apartment to the left of the pool. What time do you arrive? I can do Sunday or Monday until about 2.00pm, as we will need to leave for the airport then.

Collette
Go to Top of Page

Phil
On The Green

United Kingdom
299 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2006 :  11:32:01  Show Profile  Visit Phil's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Rick

Practice green will be free, but you will need your own balls and putter and will probaly only let you use in golf shoes and golf attire.

Cheers

Phil
Go to Top of Page

LTJoe
Hole In One

Ireland
880 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2006 :  17:10:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but my experience is that Polaris are very strict on their requirement that you have a handicap certificate before they will let you near the course. I forgot mine the first time I went to Mar Menor, and I had to get it faxed over from my club. They wouldn't even let me on the driving range to demonstrate to the marshall that I was not a hacker!
Go to Top of Page

rickc
On The Green

United Kingdom
480 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2006 :  18:57:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Joe, Thanks for your coments I will check it out next week, I'd be suprised if you need a handicap cert to use the driving range or the putting green. If this was the case then you wouldn't even be able to get lesson from the pro. Maybe they were meaning that even if you demostrated you were Luke Donalds brother you still wouldn't get a round without a handicap cert. I'll report back.

Collette, I sent you an e-mail.

Cheers, Rick

Edited by - rickc on 23/11/2006 18:58:32
Go to Top of Page

Phil
On The Green

United Kingdom
299 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2006 :  23:08:46  Show Profile  Visit Phil's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Rick you don't need a handicap to caddy.

Cheers

Phil
Go to Top of Page

Rightoldcharlie
On The Green

United Kingdom
427 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2006 :  15:55:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LTJoe

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but my experience is that Polaris are very strict on their requirement that you have a handicap certificate before they will let you near the course. I forgot mine the first time I went to Mar Menor, and I had to get it faxed over from my club. They wouldn't even let me on the driving range to demonstrate to the marshall that I was not a hacker!

I have to agree with LTJoe, nearly all golf clubs will ask for a handicap cert berfore you can play. To gain a handicap cert you have to join a club. To join a club you have to be able to play........it's a chicken and egg thing. Unfortunatly I think those people who have brought on these resorts that don't already play may find it difficut to get out on the course..... I hope I am wrong ......

La Torre, Sabina
84 Denton.
Go to Top of Page

jock
Hole In One

United Kingdom
1039 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2006 :  16:00:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've posted on this before. A complete waste of time when you can print them off from your PC.
They are never checked

Jock
Go to Top of Page

LTJoe
Hole In One

Ireland
880 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2006 :  19:10:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of the attractions of golf is that people of from both ends of the ability spectrum can play together and enjoy themselves. This should be particularly true when out in Spain in the sunshine, relaxing, making new friends etc. As long as people make an effort to keep up with the group in front of them, ability should not be an issue. So, if you can print off a fake cert, then go for it!
Go to Top of Page

coach64
Approaching The Pin

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  18:45:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I plan to move out to Spain in May next year. I am seeking new students to get me up and running. My first lesson will be cheap and i am hoping to be able to use the polaris practice areas as i will be a resident on El Valle.

I am fully qualified and have the full video lap top facilities. I coach in the UK at the moment but fancy a change to suit my wife and i - cant wait!! I may come over for a long weekend if enough people are interested?

Anybody interested? Or know of anyone who is interested. golfcoach64@aol.com

Cheers to you all and happy new year...

Glenn

Edited by - coach64 on 13/03/2007 21:35:28
Go to Top of Page

TubChairs Logo Tub Chairs 4 You, the No 1 furniture Tub Chair shop in the UK with over 600 sofas available from over 75 suppliers

coach64
Approaching The Pin

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2007 :  21:27:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Again,

I'm starting my golf lessons at the Great Golf Company on the 3319 down from La Torre on Monday 12th April if anyone wants to come and visit.

Neil and i are also looking at sorting out the El Valle Golf Society so we'll keep you updated. We will get it up and running quite quick. Anyone interested?

Glenn
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Polaris World Forum © 2004 - 2015 Polaris World Forum Go To Top Of Page