For over 9 years the Polaris World Forum has been the main source of information and discussion for Polaris World Owners
Polaris World Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Advertise | NEW Vouchers | Directory
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Polaris World Property Forum
 Golf Wanted
 Golf Lessons
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

debbieandkevin
Hole In One

725 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2007 :  21:28:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Jock, how do you get a fake cert? Just interested, youcan email me offline if you don't want to give away secrets.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

coach64
Approaching The Pin

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2007 :  14:06:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you attend for lessons with a pro he can sign to say that you are a competent golfer. This is something i will be arranging with the local courses when i am out there full time.

Glenn
Go to Top of Page

JMR
On The Green

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2007 :  20:08:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glenn hope/sure you won't sign on any hackers as there is nothing worse than playing behind someone who is rubbish, doesn't have a scoobie and with no golf etiquette. No disrespect to anyone out there who is just taking up the game. Handicap certificates are required for a reason.

By the way does anyone fancy buying a new(ish) set of Mizuno irons that I have in Spain?

quote:
Originally posted by coach64

If you attend for lessons with a pro he can sign to say that you are a competent golfer. This is something i will be arranging with the local courses when i am out there full time.

Glenn

Go to Top of Page

coach64
Approaching The Pin

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2007 :  11:14:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Again,

I had a meeting with Young Masters Golf yesterday and have had the go ahead to be the Spanish regional outlet for Young Masters and Lady Masters golf. We will be working from The Great Golf co. This will help juniors and ladies in structured learning, as a group. I plan to help ladies and juniors be introduced to golf where they feel ready and able to play golf on a course. There is nothing worse than a golfer who doesnt know what they are supposed to do when they start on the first tee. The last thing i want to do is to send a new golfer on to the course feeling intimidated and lost. Everyone who plays golf generally loves it - so, lets have more people playing the course with the correct Knowledge and Etiquette. So, good luck to all new golfers - age or sex - adverts will be available soon.

Glenn
Go to Top of Page

Mel1721L
Approaching The Pin

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2007 :  19:38:56  Show Profile  Visit Mel1721L's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I know nothing about golf, don't have any bats or anything. I'm moving to Condado De Alhama when it's ready. I just thought I should at least give it a try as I'll be living on a golf course. I see there are some people willing to give tuition. What is the cost of playing a round of golf on the PW courses, once you are deemed non lethal?

Mel

Keep on Clicking
Go to Top of Page

manxie
On The Green

United Kingdom
216 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2007 :  19:32:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear all.
Have just returned from a glorious week at La Torre staying for the first time in our apartment on phase 4. Decided that since we are on a golf course and i am the only one in my family not to play it was about time i learned, so i booked in with Glenn and was amazed at how much i enjoyed myself. I was very nervous and thought i would make myself look a right plank swinging aimlessly at thin air, but Glenn instructions, patience, manner and teaching techniques were spot on and i came away quite proud and very keen to continue,so much so i went back for another lesson before i came home.
I recommend anyone looking to take up the sport or to improve their game give him a shout, i will certainly be booking another lesson next time i am over.
Thanks again Coach64
Tricia Moultrie
Go to Top of Page

coach64
Approaching The Pin

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2007 :  21:26:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi to everyone,

I have now managed to get an internet connection over in Spain. Geat to be here full time, excellent!!! Good luck to anyone wanting to move over. I have established my teaching position so if anyone from the forum wants to ask for lessons then come no further. We are just down the road from Le Torre so come and see me.

I am the only coach in Spain to be doing the Young Master, mighty masters (for the kids 5 to 11) and now Lady masters - so the ladies can come and join us in a group. I am doing this at a discounted price of 99 euros for the course - mighty masters is a lot cheaper and gives you and the kids a break. This only for forum members, so please get in touch via the forum of the web site www.gybgolf.com.

Just ask nine iron or neil (polaris world art) for their opinion.

Cheers

Glenn
Go to Top of Page

coach64
Approaching The Pin

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2007 :  21:29:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Forgot to add.

THANKS SO MUCH TRICIA - I enjoyed your company and effort.. See you soon and make sure you keep it up..

Glenn xx
Go to Top of Page

debbieandkevin
Hole In One

725 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2007 :  08:19:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi Glenn, my husband can play golf and I play tennis but I thought I learn. Could you tell me by email how much you charge for a lesson? (I have no clubs)

Thanks
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

coach64
Approaching The Pin

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  13:40:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

Things are going well out here!

I have my first nine ladies for the Lady Masters Golf. If any of you ladies new to golf would like to participate in my next one then please get in touch. Six one and half hour lessons structured ideally for the ladies with your own folder and instruction books. This leads onto several sections.

This can to done in one week or spread out over weeks - give me a call for information - Polaris world forum members welcome.

Also looking to start my second group for Young Masters - Kids 7 to 16 - again structured with Folder.

I am the only coach in Spain to introduce it from the UK

Have alook at the websites www.ymg-golf.com

Glenn
Glenn
Go to Top of Page

coach64
Approaching The Pin

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2007 :  18:06:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, here again.

I am now the Golf Teaching Pro at Roda. So, i'll continue to give all the forum members a great service. Please give me a ring if interested. (0034) 664 319 382.

Thanks,

Glenn
Go to Top of Page

derbyphil27
Approaching The Pin

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  17:20:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just to add on to the subject of handicap certificates. You don't actually need to join a club to get one. Because I spend a lot of time working out of the country it wasn't worth my while joining a club to get a handicap. I joined a company called Elite Golf solutions. For a fee of around £25 pounds you can send them a minimum of 3 completed and signed by a marker scorecards from any courses you play and they will calculate your handicap and send you a nice credit card type certificate which i have never had any problems with being accepted. Its all legal although quite how they assessed me as a 19 handicapper I have no idea! Simply google elite golf solutions.

Hope this might be of some help

Edited by - derbyphil27 on 11/02/2008 17:21:25
Go to Top of Page

Paul The Pro
Approaching The Pin

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  18:53:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All

I'm A Golf Professional in the UK and looking to relocate in the Murcia region.
Ca anyone tell me how many UK Golf Pro's Polaris have on their Developments?

Cheers

Happy Golfing
Go to Top of Page

manxie
On The Green

United Kingdom
216 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2008 :  18:23:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi. Just to let you know Glen Billington known as coach 64 on the forum has opened a new studio at El Algar all very hi tech. We visited it whilst we were in Spain earlier this month and were made very welcome. Glen is a Harold Swash accredited putting coach but can help with all parts of your game. He is helping me as a complete beginner, but has coached my nephew who is on a college golf scholarship in the usa and improved his game significantly. He really puts you at ease but most importantly he knows what hes talking about. You can find his details on the forum under coach64. Tricia.
Go to Top of Page

coach64
Approaching The Pin

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2008 :  10:55:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Tricia,

People will be saying i'm paying you for the nice comments.... Everyone is welcome to come along to have a look, i dont charge for a chat and a coffee.

Glenn
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Polaris World Forum © 2004 - 2015 Polaris World Forum Go To Top Of Page